According to Mz Fit today is National Love Your Body Day.
She had quite a nice post about why she loves her body.
I, on the other hand, am only mildly infatuated with my body: in all honesty, there is just too much of it! Don't get me wrong - I know things could be worse - - and they have been!
Thankfully, things are (sloooooooowly) beginning to be better. I can walk without huffing and puffing or having my knees or ankles hurt. I can swim more laps at the pool than I could a few weeks ago. I can get on the treadmill or elliptical without fear. I am beginning to run again. This weekend I'm starting a curling class.
I want to start working with weights again. I eventually want to take a Zumba and a Spin and a Kickboxing class.
Today I had to go clothes shopping - I've not lost a lot of weight but enough that my current jeans are too lose. Last spring I got 2 pairs of size 18 jeans at Old Navy. I wore them for a few weeks and then, when I was in California, started wearing shorts. I finally gave up the ghost a few weeks ago and admitted it was no longer shorts weather. Oddly enough - both size 18 jeans no longer fit the same! One is tight and the other was comfortable - possibly because I've worn it more and it has stretched out of shape. This weekend is an engagement party for a friend. Both jeans are too ratty to wear to the party - so off I went to see if I could find anything.
At Old Navy I checked out the clearance rack. I found 2 pairs of jeans on the '1/2 off the clearance price' rack. So - 2 pairs of jeans and an exercise shirt for $15. yay! Both jeans are size 18 - but they fit comfortably. Hopefully I won't need them for very long!
No comments:
Post a Comment