| Sunday walk - near Brock monument, Queenston, Ontario |
Friday night we had pizza and wings for dinner. I washed mine down with Pepsi.
As we were eating we got to talking about the last time we ordered from this place. It was last August - just before I quit drinking Pepsi.
Every time I tried to lose weight/eat healthier I knew that I would have to give up Pepsi. I knew about the sugar, what it was doing to my teeth, etc. But I justified drinking it by saying that I didn't drink coffee or tea.
But in August I knew it was time to give it up. And, as luck would have it, I got a wicked summer cold - pounding headaches, stuffed sinus, lack of appetite and just wanting to sleep. I decided that since I felt like crap anyway that it was the perfect time to give up the fizzy stuff and that I could blame the withdrawal headaches on being sick.
The first day wasn't too bad as I slept a lot. But the following two days I had really bad headaches. Then I was over the cold and over Pepsi.
Then I got addicted to ice tea. ;-D
At first I had a few Pepsi cravings - I gave in to some, to others I just drank water or tea or ice tea. Sometimes, when I went out for a burger I'd have a Coke - but it didn't trigger a Pepsi relapse. Other times I'd have a Sprite or ginger ale - again, no relapse. One time I bought a 500ml bottle of Pepsi. I had 1 sip out of it and gave it to my nephew. To my taste buds it tasted like Pine Sol - - yeech.
But this past Friday was the first time where I told myself I'm going to have a Pepsi with my pizza. And it was soooo good. After the pizza was gone so was my craving for Pepsi.
But - I'd bought a 2l bottle of the stuff. So I drank what was left as I surfed or watched tv.
Saturday my sister bought another 2l bottle when she went out. My nephew and I finished it off at dinner last night.
Today - I woke up craving water. go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment